Sunday, September 14, 2008

James Conley It Is

For those of you who don't know much about my family, I will share a smidgen of information. We are retarded. I guess slow is a better word. Maybe I should say we are slow when it comes to getting married (well, I am slow when it comes to that) and having babies. There are four of us siblings and the youngest is 28 and the oldest is 35. In that time my brothers have collectively added four babies to the fam, and it's pretty much all been done in the last year.

So I give you this disclaimer: At my age you would think I would be over having nephews and nieces, but I feel as excited as the day I was first introduced to silly puddy. IF you tell me to "get over it" I will kill you.

Meet my cute little James. He is really little. Doesn't fit into his skin yet. Has a high pallate. Loves to sleep. And it takes 10 minutes of him stretching like a cat before he will wake up. And he can create some serious pooh. I couldn't get enough of him while visiting in Palo Alto. I held him as much as possible, even when sleeping. So much so that it made the parents worried that I would condition him to sleeping on humans.
He is really smart and already knows how to flip people off. IF you look at the smirk on his face you can tell it was intentional.

This is what I did most of the four days I was there. (while also getting addicted to Million Dollar Listing and Flipping Out. Some of the best shows I've seen since the OC and Jack and Jill...but not quite as good).



We did get to visit Santa Cruz and watch the crazy surfers. Apprently people get killed here because of the danger of the wave smashing you into the cliff. Which wouldn't happen to me because I probably couldn't catch the wave (unless I had a 12 foot board).



My brother is an awesome cook. He made two great meals and it really stressed me out that he knew how to cook and I can only bake. How did he get so good? (all my brothers are great cooks). He even has a smoker and made amazing Lexington pulled pork sandwiches. I gave him accolades and he gave me a piece of information that blew my mind. He said, "When I cook a meal I keep it simple, I have a piece of meat, a veggie and a starch." How profound. I might be able to implement guidelines like that.
No matter what he says, it still takes skill. I attempted making poached eggs one morning and as I dumped the egg on Dan's plate, realizing it was 90% raw, he said, "I'm not eating that." If you can't even get the "meat" dish right, you're gonna have problems. Eggs people. How can you mess up eggs?!

3 comments:

Kassie said...

I mess up Mac and Cheese...regularly. You are so funny! Sounds like a fun trip!

The McKell Spot said...

Wow! I used to live in Santa Cruz,I surfed that exact same spot. It sure brings back the memories

Shannon said...

Flipping Out is a brilliant show!! I want to work for Jeff! :) Triss, you are the best aunt ever!