Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ode to Joy

Did anyone ever get into Calvin and Hobbes? A brilliant comic strip! My friend Steph Doyle reminded me of it today so I just threw up some quotes. Enjoy.







-Calvin"Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."


-Calvin"Reality continues to ruin my life."


-Calvin"What assurance do I have that your parenting isn't screwing me up?"


-Calvin"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."


-Calvin"I hate to think that all my current experiences will someday become stories with no point."


-Calvin"I used to hate writing assignments, but now I enjoy them. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!"


-Calvin"As far as I'm concerned, if something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway."


-Calvin"It's only work if somebody makes you do it"


-Calvin"In my opinion, television validates existence."


-Calvin"Life is like topography, Hobbes. There are summits of happiness and success... ...Flat stretches of boring routine... ...And valleys of frustration and failure."


-Calvin"What I like is when you're looking and thinking and looking and thinking... And suddenly you wake up."


-Calvin"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want."


-Calvin"A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do."-


-Calvin"I keep forgetting that rules are for little nice people." -Calvin

1 comment:

Kassie said...

OH MY GOSH! This was like my blogging birthday!! 3 freakin' posts!! I enjoyed all 3 minutes!! Thank you for making my work day fly by.