Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Return

HI!

I haven't posted anything for over two years. My last post was about my climb up Lone Peak, which was my goal for about two years. I guess since I accomplished it I sort of took a two year break from doing anything else but watching all those high school teenage drama shows on Netflix that I never watched. There's a lot of TV out there and I had a lot of catching up to do. One Tree HIll, Vampire Diaries, Friday Night Lights. There are some others but those were my three love affairs. That's all you need know.

I did run a half marathon. Ran it in 2 hrs and 2 minutes. That's all I have to say about that goal....other than it sucked any possible desire I ever had to run a full marathon out of my system. There is never any reason good enough to run longer than one hour (unless you're being chased, or trying to save somebody's life)...and even that is stretching it.

Tiffany, Amy, other runners...I know you disagree but if you look deep enough into your eyes (through the mirror) you will see the truth of my words standing there...you may even start to cry...and you will know...it's okay to stop running. There's nothing to run from anymore. Stop. Turn around. And tell yourself and anyone standing by you, "I'm tired from kicking so much butt!"

1 comment:

CK said...

2hrs, 2min- that's fast! Love ya Chrissy ;)